On the Orchard of Delight

I recently published my poetry collection, "On the Orchard of Delight" on Wattpad. These poems delineate the beauties we are surrounded with. 


Wattpad story link: https://www.wattpad.com/921613226-on-the-orchard-of-delight-twilight-on-the-road




On the Orchard of Delight 




Twilight on The Road

Stars shine above this world into the divine skies in the air of spirits through the mist.

The little comrade of mine in the orchard is sure to be seen. 

When the sun sets at twilight, the gold streaks upon our twinkling eyes.

The poet’s pen flows on the page, for the aforesaid words are then in the depths of the sea.

Lo! Hark at the winds that behold this evening by almighty dreams.

At night, silence and loneliness, so dear, stir up the clouds.

The night darkens until the presence of first light arrives to kiss pink cheeks.

Endearing rapture remains from dusk till dawn in ancient scrolls. 


The Journey Home

From the golden hills, we now depart.

The crimson fades and the music grows faint. 

The tree stands and beckons its arms, for me by the gate. 

June breezes creep in for the waves that have lurked beneath the road. 

It is beautiful in the gardens of perpetual youth, lest we could no longer hear the sweet songs and echoes; the pungent dreams would be gone. 

O’er each land, we know those voices must stir on as they embark. 

Placid shines are in mirth that blossoms in skies if could simply be heard. 

The shadows gaze just once upon our arrival. 

Gratifying kisses come from mother as we are home. 


Garden’s Sweet Song

                         The winds sing a soft song on the hills most remote; the dandelion whispers on the island so stranded. 

Ere shadow and sunshine merge from their presence, she drifts from ocean to air around the moors of everywhere.

Lo, the boat has wrecked, the vases have ruptured, but the elfin music cannot go, for the fairies near drink the fragrances under each leaf, sweet and lyrical under the placid gleams of light. 

If I had known so, my heart would have sought each jewel to

     My own dear home. 

Evening stars roam in twilight and return atop the trees the next morning. 

Come here, awhile, the days long and rich and held beyond,

its year unfolding my mind. 

The shadeless path it was. 

The walk of gold and rest stood beside as lovers with such ardor. 

I carried love into the murmurs of the mist under the valleys that grew firmer, the pain washed afar the gates yonder the garden gates. 






A Long Quest

I walked by the fountain, flowers lay in my hands, for my venture across 

Many lands. 

“You have a long way to go”, they said under my ears. 

I traversed many paths, for purpose there is none. 

In fearful and cold skies, I journeyed on the treacherous road; rainbow dreams upon me. 

On quests, I sought old realms to bring them with me from east to west. 

I entered cities of golden castles yearned for; how beautiful the view appeared from beyond. 

I stepped into those castle gates, yet happiness did not plunge to my arms. 

Thin and fretful I was, I fall to the oblivion of sleep. 

‘Tis sunrise gleams in my eyes. 

Thou shall stay still, for jewels are presently coming in placid streaks of light. 

She withers in age; even twilight fades, but the young winds arrive at night. 



The Leaf’s Call

Leaves fall on the path, sitting on my bouquet in bliss. 

The clouds fill my mind as tears bequeath my presence;

Crystal skies absorb each tear in my myriad of rainbow colors. 

Leaves lay under my toiling thoughts, a soft pillow for my toes. 

The voices call my name from above the fluttering branches. 

“You are not useless”, they comfort my spirit as I sing along ancient autumn. 

The bare tree stands grave and the glimmering leaves cover my dull days; they linger on to my figure and bring a valiant strength. 



Along the Call of Sunset

Sunset falls under a sailing star to gleam under eyes. 

Hark at the night, the elfin laughter so near before they retire

for rest beneath restored skies. 



On the glistening soft pearls of the ocean, you once were always, day and night. 

You left to the mellows of the sky afar,

beneath each sunshine of the harbor path. 

Rich and opulent the days were, quaint in all glory; you flew in with your 

misty wings across shores distinctly in our path. 

In the eerie, bitter road, they said there were no wells or holes in which to fall. 

Under the night, you walked gallantly, beaming triumphantly beneath the so

stars of light. 



One dear day, you departed and left me to touch your cold coffin, so grave and silent. 

I see your countenance in a fanciful presence in the young moon that rises and shines each evening. 

The cheer packed forever,

As the toil and stress fade. 

You will nevermore see the smoke dust, lest would you be gone. 

The sky’s song of arrival welcomes us by the gate as your mighty spirit 

washes in for our delight. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Literary Magazines for Young Writers to Submit

My Bio Poem(Get to Know Me)

Flash Fiction Story, The Day's End