The Reason I Love Books

I have been a book lover for as long as I can remember. It is not possible to write without reading and I have quite enjoyed absorbing myself in literature with insatiable desires. The name of my YouTube channel is Imaginative Bibliophile because of my vivid imagination and love for books. My username as a blogger is Literature Queen and the name of my blog is My love for books. My favorite author, Lucy Maud Montgomery wrote in her journal when she was fourteen years old, "I love books. I hope to grow up to have lots of them." I am going to share two poems today, one that I wrote, and a sonnet by Lucy Powrie, a BookTuber, blogger, and author of The Paper and Hearts Society series.

Books by Shreya Ganguly:
My heart beats so fast, filled with desires and fantasy, 
to catch the glimpse of this parallel world
That lays beneath wonder
Lessons shall be taught daily with arcane
Inspirations, Aspirations  
Words and moments have something to say
The images run like wind 
I can hear sounds of the birds chirping and I can smell dust
I absorb it all
I am like air

Books Are an Immeasurable Pleasure by Lucy Powrie:
Books are an immeasurable pleasure
Designed to captivate and cultivate
There’s nothing better to do for leisure
With the intent to ameliorate.
From Shakespeare to Plath and Austen between
A wealth of knowledge stored in pages
Magically allows the reader to glean
Information passed down through the ages.
Yet ponder on Hemingway the sexist
And the millions cut from the canon.
As books are more than a complex lexis,
What was Scott thinking with the Buchanans?
There is the allure of Netflix as well
If you don’t read books, you won’t go to hell.




Comments

  1. Lucy Powrie's poem is very imaculate. Your poem about books can nurture deep love for writing. Wish you luck. Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I enjoyed writing my poem and Lucy's poem is exquisite.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Literary Magazines for Young Writers to Submit

My Bio Poem(Get to Know Me)

Flash Fiction Story, The Day's End