I graduate middle school and plunge to the realms of high school

Today is my absolute final day of middle school. I remember walking into Schuyler Colfax Middle School with fear, hope, anxiety, and uncertainty. Within a few weeks, I had already developed strong relationships with my teachers and I was enraptured by the school environment in all its glory. At times, I was nostalgic for the days of elementary school. However, I must say that I enjoyed my time in middle school more than elementary school. During middle school, I built my confidence, improved my elocutionary skills, and became a published author. I have read books that are surely lifelong favorites. I particularly discovered my love for classic literature and stories from the past.  I endeavor to embark on the next part of my journey with determination and tenacity. I graduated from middle school on June 17th with presidential honors. This year, I won a Gold Key award for my short story, Ambition and Rejection. I have received both acceptance letters and rejection letters from literary magazines. I may not have the capacity for math because I don't actually like it with all my heart, although having found hints of gold and beauty in everything. However, I am going to follow my dreams, passions, and ambitions in literature that are insatiable. I learned a lot in middle school with such alacrity. No matter the path one chooses, you must realize that all paths lead to one place of ultimate happiness. I am excited for all the challenges and opportunities of high school. There will be academic pressure and arduous exams in high school, but humans become acquainted with things so easily. Lastly, I would like to share a poem I wrote about the idea of how we respond to change. 

Changes

The shift and transition make it all seem intimidating. 

The meticulous folds in every corner show its crease. 

I can see it different from before. 

If I am not acquainted, shall I fret?

I will look at the individuals, the room, the world, as they change and drift away. 

There may be contentment, but not true happiness.


Comments

  1. Elementary and Middle School has a special kind of frolic. But high school deals with pateince and new opportunities, moreover it aims to shape the future.
    Your short essay contracts your views about graduating high school. In America every occassaion holds celebration. I wish your high school journey brings you more opportunities. You have to work with things which you have aversion for. But your boldness will shower victory. I have faith in myself and also in you.
    Your writings never dissaproves me. They are very lively and brings vibrancy to the boredom chi.
    Heaps of Love!
    Adrika...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. In many ways, middle school prepares its students for high school. I have held on to the innocence and frolic. Thank you so much. It is actually about enjoying the journey with the things we love most, not the victories and success it will lead to.

      Delete
    2. Yes. In India we are prepared to yeild success. That is true.

      Delete
    3. Schools all over the world prepare their students for success.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Literary Magazines for Young Writers to Submit

My Bio Poem(Get to Know Me)

Flash Fiction Story, The Day's End