Wet Sunshine(a poem)

One of the things I have recently explored in poetry is nature writing. Although this poem is not merely about nature, it depicts nature as a symbol of life and beauty. The narrator desperately wants her emotions to be heard by a friend. This poem is also about the idea of sunshine melting in our lives to represent experiences and events in our life. I wrote this poem on a February night at a friend's house for a party. My hope is for readers to feel the energy in this piece.

My poem:

Wet Sunshine
The sky laughs and dances with great force as dawn draws in.
The air, still and silent is swallowed in by the gulf stream. 
The familiar smell creeps into my eyes; a beguilement of the warm, yellow days. 
It has all felt like a trap since you left afar. 
How we would converse in the countryside.  
The warm, eternal mellows are in my myriad of colors. 
My dauntless soul has become a mist of beauty.

The light will never cease to pour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Literary Magazines for Young Writers to Submit

My Bio Poem(Get to Know Me)

Flash Fiction Story, The Day's End