The Ocean(a poem)

I vividly remember writing this poem in my hotel room in Atlantic City around May 2019. This poem was my first poem to be accepted and published on Teen Ink's literary magazine. I wrote this poem very spontaneously. A few days after writing this, my seventh grade English teacher, Mrs. Burton read this poem. She praised it and encouraged me to submit it to a literary magazine. "Do you know of any literary magazines for young authors?", I questioned her. She told me to submit it to Teen Ink. When submitting this poem, I accidentally requested for it to be published anonymously. I now strongly regret it.

Read my poem here:

The Ocean

The water calls for words to be shared. 
My lips are sealed, for I shall never forsake my secrets. 
The sand dunes complement the water with serenity, and 

I shall never fear or fret. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Literary Magazines for Young Writers to Submit

My Bio Poem(Get to Know Me)

Flash Fiction Story, The Day's End